Subnetworks not showing as dirty following edits

Jump to solution
12-06-2019 03:54 AM
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

We're testing v3.2 of the Water Distribution model UN and have got to the stage where we've migrated some data and successfully set up subnetworks for DMAs.  We're having a problem with not being able to run the Update Subnetwork tool following what we would think would be a fairly normal edit to the network e.g. adding in a new service connection.  According to this help file we would expect the subnetwork that the new feature is added into to have the IsDirty field be flagged as True.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/utility-network/dirty-subnetworks.htm

1. Subnetwork details before editing

Subnetwork details before editing

2. Added in a couple of new service connections

Added in service connections

3. Validated the network topology to clean dirty areas

4. Tried to run the Update Subnetwork tool for that specific subnetwork but it is not listed in the tool dialogue and the IsDirty attribute is still set to False

5. The only way we can seem to get the subnetwork to be recognised as dirty is to swap the terminal connections round on the pipes going into the subnetwork controller, validate topology, swap the terminals back round again to their correct settings and then validate topology again.

6. Run the update subnetwork tool and see updated details on the subnetwork e.g. increase in service connections and total length and last updated date.

Updated subnetwork details

So my question is whether we are doing something wrong or missing something in the rules/configuration that is leaving the subnetwork unaware of the changes? Or have we interpreted the guidance incorrectly and the type of edit that we are doing shouldn't trigger changes to the subnetwork (I really hope this isn't the case)?

We are working with the water foundation model pretty much as it is with one minor change to the rules to use a different asset type for the service connection count statistic on subnetworks, but I don't think it was working in a previous test version either where we hadn't made that rule change.  Feels like it's more of a fundamental issue/bug somewhere? Pro is version 2.4.2 and ArcGIS Enterprise is 10.7.1.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided.

Gareth

0 Kudos
10 Replies
larryy
by
New Contributor II

Though we recommend you move forward to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 and the latest Pro release as you work with the utility network, a recent hot fix was put out for an issue similar to this on Enterprise 10.7.1.  I say "similar to this" because we cannot be 100% sure your issue is the same without testing against your data in your scenario.  At any rate, HF-000005439 for ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 was recently created to address BUG-000136775 and BUG-000123206 that both dealt with subnetworks not being marked as dirty after Validate.  

Please work with support to obtain this hot fix as needed.

0 Kudos