StructureLine not snapping to PipelineLine

Jump to solution
01-25-2022 01:12 AM
SergioOrdás
New Contributor II

Hello everybody,

My question is the following, for the Gas Utility Network Solution, I am trying to draw the Pipe Casing which is part of the StructureLine containing the Distribution Line, part of the PipelineLine but there is no way to make snapping between them. Is there anything I can do?

The only solution I see here is to write the Casing in a new layer outside the Domain Network but this way I will lose the containment mode and a little bit of integrity of my data since I wanted to have everything withing the main layer of the Utility Network.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

You can right click and select Snap To Feature.  This should allow you to snap the main to the casing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

You can right click and select Snap To Feature.  This should allow you to snap the main to the casing.

0 Kudos
SergioOrdás
New Contributor II

As simple as that and it works correctly, brain sometimes tends to see problems in a larger magnitude than they really are 🙂 Thanks a lot for your answer Mike! Appreciate it

0 Kudos
GIS_Solutions
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Are you sure there is a rule definition between them?

0 Kudos
SergioOrdás
New Contributor II

Into the Utility Network there are no type of rules that can be configured in order to join objects from the StrucrueLine layer with the PipelineLine layer so that one is completely within the other (As far as I know). This way, even if I am able to snap them together, they are not connected so if the Pipeline is moving, the casing isnt moving with it. This time, the answer from Mike kind of solve my problem but it would be nice to have such a type of rules which maybe it is possible to configure somehow, but I dont know it yet 🙂

0 Kudos