Select to view content in your preferred language

stop trace at any vertex along the edge

Jump to solution
11-06-2023 01:10 PM
DasheEbra
Occasional Contributor II

I'm currently working on a utility network and I've encountered a challenge with stopping a trace or selection at a specific vertex along a single line without segmenting the line itself. Is it possible to conclude the trace at a particular vertex, similar to the screenshot shared below, and have it end at that specific barrier point without necessitating the division of the line?

DasheEbra_0-1699304807708.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

The trace is stopping at that barrier but because your result type is a selection it appears like the whole line is included (because ArcGIS Pro doesn't allow us to select segments of a line). If you want to show partial geometry results try using the "aggregated geometry" result type, this will produce a new set of layers that will include partial edges without requiring you to split your source lines.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

There is no way to stop at a vertex count or similar.  

What is at the X?  Is this just where two lines of the same asset group and asset type intersect or is there some junction or device there?

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

The trace is stopping at that barrier but because your result type is a selection it appears like the whole line is included (because ArcGIS Pro doesn't allow us to select segments of a line). If you want to show partial geometry results try using the "aggregated geometry" result type, this will produce a new set of layers that will include partial edges without requiring you to split your source lines.

DasheEbra
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks @RobertKrisher I think this workaround is great.

0 Kudos