Saving subtype changes

Jump to solution
06-09-2021 09:14 PM
Song_Li
New Contributor III

Hi, we came across the subtype and domain changes several times (with asset package and file geodatabase):

1. the most common problem we had is that we just simply cannot save the changes made to the subtype. always unsaved changes;

2. now it gets worse. It stucks at the save step forever.

Can anyone suggest what's the best way to create and modify subtypes and domains without this issue?

Cheers,

Song

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Song_Li
New Contributor III

Thanks Daniel, this is a good way to work around. What I found after playing for several hours is: avoid use the generate new domain option from the subtype dropdown list. Create all subtypes needed and close the subtype design tab without choosing the domain. then create all domains needed and close. at last modifiy the subtype to choose the right domain and save. Never edit both subtype and domain at the same time. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanielSimo
Esri Contributor

Hi @Song_Li  - I actually came across this same issue in the past and I'm not sure what causes that. As a workaround I end up using the Add Subtype and Remove Subtype GP tools instead of using the Create/Mange Subtypes dialog box:

DanielSimo_0-1623302248779.png

Song_Li
New Contributor III

Thanks Daniel, this is a good way to work around. What I found after playing for several hours is: avoid use the generate new domain option from the subtype dropdown list. Create all subtypes needed and close the subtype design tab without choosing the domain. then create all domains needed and close. at last modifiy the subtype to choose the right domain and save. Never edit both subtype and domain at the same time.