Select to view content in your preferred language

Questions about modifying EUNF v1

03-18-2024 06:41 AM
BryanMay531
New Contributor III

While watching the video:  Electric Utility Network: A Deep Dive, I noticed some changes between the current version of the model and version 1 that we are implementing.

Should I make some changes to the model v.1 to be more like v 2.x?

Should I add the field Construction Status to all of the feature classes ( so lifecyclestatus will contain the minimum number of values)?

In the screenshot below, which phase field are they referring to for Operational Status and Phase (in model v.1)?

BryanMay531_0-1710769112853.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

As with any change to a model, it could impact your implementation.  Some changes are more important than others.  In this case the Lifecycle Status and Construction Status changes are significant to make those changes.  But, if those are the only changes from the model V2 that you feel are important enough to include, you could just add those changes.  

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
BryanMay531
New Contributor III

I had added some values to domain for lifecyclestatus.  Would it be better to add the ConstructionStatus field and not add any values to the lifecyclestatus?  Also, which other fields are inline network attributes in model v1?

0 Kudos
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

When we changed the Lifecyle status, I would not advise adding any values to it.  I would add needed values to the Construction Status domain. 

This will keep the lifecycle status field in the network index.  Adding values to it will probably end up moving it out of line.

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos