Select to view content in your preferred language

Model builder writing to different location when run as a schedule

01-29-2024 10:08 PM
kadhav
by
New Contributor

I’ve got a model I need to run daily that pulls a feature service and related table from AGOL, pulls out some date from the related table to a new table, and then joins that back to the feature service. When I run this in ArcPro is goes through the whole process fine but when I run it as a scheduled geoprocessing tool it writes the export table to my default c:\ Arcgis personal geodatabase rather than the output location I told the model to export to. And then it fails because it can’t fine the table and col to calculate. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VanessaSimps
Occasional Contributor III

If you copied your model from one place to another before automating it, I would double check that something didn't get changed. The best part about Model Builder in ArcPro is that there is a find and replace function so you can check where things are coming/going and change that so much more easily than you could in ArcMap!

it also sounds like it could be your default database setting? Check that in the project you are using. 

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @kadhav  , I think you should check in Windows Task Scheduler to see the User Account who running the model. It may be that they don't have permission to access the location you have specified, so it uses a default instead.

ChrisUnderwood_1-1706713409260.png

VanessaSimps
Occasional Contributor III

@LeahClark Could this be our issue with the scheduled tasks?!

0 Kudos