Select to view content in your preferred language

I need simple explanation for Tiers ,tiers group ,subnetwork

Jump to solution
06-15-2023 09:20 PM
spiderman90
Occasional Contributor

Hello ,

i have read the Tier in Esri page but it is not so clear ,I got that it consists of partitioned and hierarchical.

it is written that tier is partitioned for electric 

Iam living in Germany but I think it is hierarchical not partitioned .

i am just curious to understand tiers ,  tiers group , relation between it , subnetwork and subnetwork controller for building electric model at future .and it is still hard for me to understand the hierarchical tier .

Could  someone provide simple explanation about tiers and tiers group and subnetwork ,subnetwork controller 

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VeerSingh2
New Contributor III

very well explained in thread

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/utility-network-question-tiers-vs-subnetworks/td-...

Tier:

A tier described as a collection of individual subnetworks that all share the same properties and adhere to the same restrictions.
Properties are defined when you add a domain network and create tiers for the utility network.

Tier GroupA tier group has different tier and associated ranking e.g. distribution network >> transmission >> pressure >> isolation etc... higher tier rank 1 (distribution) will cover the lower tier rank 2 (transmission), etc.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VeerSingh2
New Contributor III

very well explained in thread

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/utility-network-question-tiers-vs-subnetworks/td-...

Tier:

A tier described as a collection of individual subnetworks that all share the same properties and adhere to the same restrictions.
Properties are defined when you add a domain network and create tiers for the utility network.

Tier GroupA tier group has different tier and associated ranking e.g. distribution network >> transmission >> pressure >> isolation etc... higher tier rank 1 (distribution) will cover the lower tier rank 2 (transmission), etc.

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Instead of building your own model from scratch, I recommend you start by using one of the utility network foundations provided by ArcGIS Solutions. They include a baseline model, configuration, sample data, and instructions to get you started. There are a lot of decisions that go into building a model, and that team has spent years putting together models that represent the best practices for each industry.

The technical difference between the two is that in a partitioned tier a feature can only belong to a single subnetwork (circuit, feeder, station) but in a partitioned tier a feature can belong to multiple subnetworks (water system, pressure zone, isolation zones).

0 Kudos