How to read connectivity between line and a device in UtilityNetwork using ArcGIS.CoreHost API

Jump to solution
03-20-2024 12:33 AM
VikasGanesh
New Contributor II

Hi team,

I have created an standalone .Net application to read the Utility network data using ArcGIS.CoreHost.dll.

I am able to read all the ElectricDevice and ElectricLine elements successfully.

Now I need to read how the ElectricLine is connected to devices or vice-versa. I tried reading the association type of all the lines, but it has no information in it. In the below screenshot we can see a MV Switch is connected to MV busbar. I need to read this information via my standalone application. Please suggest me which API or the logic to read this connectivity information's.

VikasGanesh_0-1710919786291.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Fine-grained connectivity isn't exposed via the ArcGIS Pro SDK because it was designed to run against web services. Providing such a low-level, fine-grained API in that environment would not be very performance or scalable. However, you can use the export or trace method to produce a JSON file with connectivity information for the subnetwork that contains that feature. You can read this blog for a high-level overview of the process and this community article for a detailed explanation of how to achieve this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

I don’t believe there is any options into the topology data. It’s stored in a binary proprietary format in the enterprise geodatabase.

good luck with your idea

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Fine-grained connectivity isn't exposed via the ArcGIS Pro SDK because it was designed to run against web services. Providing such a low-level, fine-grained API in that environment would not be very performance or scalable. However, you can use the export or trace method to produce a JSON file with connectivity information for the subnetwork that contains that feature. You can read this blog for a high-level overview of the process and this community article for a detailed explanation of how to achieve this.