How to migrate GN system junctions to Electric UN Foundation Model

Jump to solution
02-12-2024 01:25 AM
BogdanHristozov
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

we are running a pilot project for migrating our current data model (using geometric network) to Electric Utility Network Foundation Model. In our source data we have drawn complex station and cabinet internal line schematics and we now struggle with finding the correct target asset groups and asset types for the system geometric network junctions (Electric_Net_Junction class). 

Here is an example picture for a cabinet station and how it looks in the source and target model:

BogdanHristozov_0-1707728289707.png

I'm currently migrating ALL system Electric_Net_Junction objects to a Low Voltage Connection Point/AC Busbar Tab LV and ALL InternalConnecting lines to Low Voltage Connector/AC Connector LV, but after I enable the network topology large amount of errors is generated - "36: Line feature has invalid terminal". I suppose the targets for the system junctions and internal lines is not correct and the Modify Terminal Connections tool cannot calculate the correct terminals.

These are the migration steps:

1. Run data loading tools
  2. Run Modify Terminal Connections GP tool
  3. Create a FGDB from the asset package
  4. Enable Network Topology

How can I fix the error 36 in my target model? Editing the source data will be too difficult, because the amount of stations and LV cabinets with internal line schematics is too big and this process will take a lot of  time. What should be the correct targets in the UN model?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

@BogdanHristozov  Are there any other errors with that fuse or any of the lines it is connected to? As an example, when there are stacked point features you will get a stacked point feature error on the stacked points (error 25), but the system also reports ambiguous connectivity (error 9) because it doesn't know which of the points are connected to which of the lines.

It sounds like you're well on your way into a utility network prototype, and if you haven't already, I recommend you check out the Running a successful utility network prototype presentation.

BogdanHristozov
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @RobertKrisher , actually, that presentation triggered our pilot project for migrating to the UN 🙂 There are very useful tips and tricks there.

As for the error I've asked about - I've made a fresh migration and the error is not reported any more. I'm not sure what actually caused it the first time, but there were no other errors reported for the affected elements - only error 9 was created. 

0 Kudos