Select to view content in your preferred language

How can I set selection-based visibility range

11-15-2022 12:56 AM
GIS_Solutions
Frequent Contributor

I have features with the visibility set to appear at 1/1000 scale.
I want the selected features to be displayed on the map regardless of scale as a result of a trace analysis.

How can I display the details in the trace results on a scale-independent map?  How can I do that?

Scale 1_1000.jpg

Scale 1_1001.jpg

  

5 Replies
Jens_Dalsgaard
Frequent Contributor

If what you need is to visualize the trace result at a higher scale, ask yourself if you actually need to show the features at this higher scale. 

If not, the answer to your need may be to simply output the trace result as Aggregated Lines - a graphic element built with the geometries of the trace result. 

Such graphic element will not be turned off a higher scales (unless you actually do something to make the do so).

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
jens.dalsgaard&@volue.com
Volue Technology Denmark A/S
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
9220 Aalborg Øst, Denmark
volue.com
0 Kudos
emin-saka
Occasional Contributor

I think that @GISSolutions is right.

ArcGis Pro product team can add to main settings an option “show selected features/objects of layers on the map under all conditions (even if the scale is set)

Very simple suggestion

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

One of the things I've done in the past to work around this is to create a selection layer (or layers). You can learn more about selection layers here: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/layer-properties/selection-layers.htm .

0 Kudos
emin-saka
Occasional Contributor

Hi @RobertKrisher ,

Your suggestion is good thank you however Once we using the UN with the subtype group layer, the option is disabled.
so which was suggested (“show selected features/objects of layers on the map under all conditions (even if the scale is set)") can be helpfull for UN users.

disable.pngTraced_Results.JPG

0 Kudos
Bili
by
Occasional Contributor

Maybe mark as highlighted so you can see even when the layer is inactive

0 Kudos