Functionality Matrix of User Type Extension Utility Network?

Jump to solution
10-07-2020 04:48 AM
Thom_Leeffers
New Contributor II

Could anybody tell me if there is a functionality matrix on what kind of use of the utility network requires to have an Utility Network user type extension (GIS Professional Standard/Advanced or the add-on on other user types)?

In example, I would like to know if it is possible to view and trace the utility network without the user type extension in a webapp in Portal or in an Esri app ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
5 Replies
VishApte
Esri Contributor

Thom Leeffers

To "view" feature classes that participate in UN you do not need UN user type. To run UN traces in web environment, you do need UN user type extension. 

I will see if I can dig-out the functionality matrix.

Cheers,

Vish

Thom_Leeffers
New Contributor II

Thank you for your answer Vish, this already helps me! It would be great if you could dig-out the functionality matrix.

Kind regards,

Thom

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Utility Network User matrixVish Apte‌ found it for you

GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

This is really useful. Is it part of the official documentation anywhere?

0 Kudos
RemiMyers
Esri Contributor

We are continuing to have questions about functionality with the User Type extension for the ArcGIS Utility Network.  To help provide a bit more context I have just published this blog to cover that topic.  Please reach out if you have further questions.

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/utility-network/water/exploring-the-arcgis-utility-network...

0 Kudos