Field Calculate Error

04-28-2022 06:29 AM
GIS_Solutions
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Have you ever been field calculate on Utility Network device feature ?

When i try I get this error.

FieldCalculate.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PierreloupDucroix

I think I've had the same error.

Usually when something goes wrong with the UN, I close everything, start a new project, load the service in a new map and redo my action. It often works well, but I don't know why.

0 Kudos
GIS_Solutions

@PierreloupDucroix 

Actually, I'm experimenting by recreating the project as you said. It works for many troubles, but it doesn't work for field Calculate.

When I export the device layer (or delete UN feature set) it does not cause any problems. It gives an error when UN is found in the dataset. Maybe this is a bug

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

You appear to be running a field calculate on a layer that has a join against it.  Can you confirm that the field calculate works without the join?

0 Kudos
GIS_Solutions

Hi Robert

I am trying to do field calculate using with table join. 

@RobertKrisher 

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

I was able to do this via a file geodatabase using the spatial join tool, add join tool, and calculate field tool against a regular layer.  I'd recommend log a case with support with your particular workflow (subtype group layers, services, add spatial join tool) if you're not able to work around it.

If you can't work around the issue and you're comfortable writing python, an alternative (although slower method) would be to use a combination of a arcpy data access search / update cursors to scan the spatial join table and push the edits to the corresponding rows.

0 Kudos