FeatureSetByAssociation with junctionEdge association type for UNM model

Jump to solution
07-19-2023 06:10 PM
EstherSmith_Dev
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Not sure if this should UNM or Arcade question, but will ask here anyway.

Looking at the documentation of FeatureSetByAssociation at https://developers.arcgis.com/arcade/function-reference/featureset_functions/#featuresetbyassociatio... I was wondering how to use associationType of junctionEdge introduced in 1.10.

I have a scenario in Electric UNM where ElectricJunction object snaps to ElectricLine. I want to write an attribute rule that when such connection happens during add or update of ElectricJunction, I want to propagate some attributes from ElectricLine to ElectricJunction. I tried to use FeatureSetByAssociation with associationType of junctionEdge thinking it fits this scenario. However, FeatureSet comes empty. But if I use FeatureSetByName with ElectricLine and then use Touches operator to filter ElectricLine snapped to ElectricJunction being placed, it works. I am worried about the performance of FeatureSetByName and Touches operator as opposed to FeatureSetByAssociation. Any idea if junctionEdge association type can be used in this scenario or is it meant for Trace Network, Geometric Network etc?

@MikeMillerGIS @HusseinNasser2 Any info?

Thanks,

Vish

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

An association record is not created for a point on a line.  The spatial relationship creates the connectivity.  From/To Junction Edge is for Non Spatial Objects.  You will need to use a spatial operation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

An association record is not created for a point on a line.  The spatial relationship creates the connectivity.  From/To Junction Edge is for Non Spatial Objects.  You will need to use a spatial operation.

0 Kudos
EstherSmith_Dev
New Contributor III

Thanks @MikeMillerGIS 

0 Kudos