Select to view content in your preferred language

error when apply Assets package to Geodatabase

Jump to solution
07-30-2023 02:40 PM
FaisalAl-Yaseein
Emerging Contributor

Dears

as I understand when I'm working in ArcGIS pro with a utility network I should use the Assets package to GDB. 

I talk about the utility network of a small town in Iraq as a case study "Talafer" 

I managed to transfer the data source to the water utility network assets management standard schema. 

but when I tried to stage the utility network via the "Assets package to Geodatabase" it showed the error below in the screenshot. 

can anyone advise what the possible mistake was, I checked the database and I didn't find such a Global ID value 

Asset Package to Geodatabase
=====================
Parameters

Asset Package C:\MSc\MSc_Thesis_GIS\Project\ArcGISProject\Talafer_water_project\Talafer_WaterDistribution_AssetPackage.gdb
Service Territory Feature Class C:\MSc\MSc_Thesis_GIS\Project\ArcGISProject\Talafer_water_project\Talafer_WaterDistribution_AssetPackage.gdb\UtilityNetwork\ServiceTerritory
Folder Location C:\MSc\MSc_Thesis_GIS\Project\ArcGISProject\Talafer_water_project
Geodatabase Name Talafer_WaterDistribution_UtilityNetwork
Feature Dataset Name UtilityNetwork
Utility Network Name Network
Domain Networks to apply Structure;Water
Load data INCLUDE_DATA
Post Process DO_NOT_POST_PROCESS
Configuration options Attachments;'Isolation Tier';'DMA Tier';'Pressure Tier';'Cathodic Protection Tier'
Rename using
Output Utility Network
Workspace Type FGDB
=====================
Start Time: Monday, July 31, 2023 10:16:30 AM
ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2.41833
untools 3.1.0
Executing from ArcGIS Pro, 4 map(s), activeMap = False
Parallel processing enabled: 6

Asset Package schema version: 2.7
The asset package has the following errors (1/1):
Item Field OID Value Message Level
0 WaterDevice__ATTACH GlobalID None {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} This table contains duplicate GlobalID values error
Failed to execute (AssetPackageToFileGeodatabase).
Failed at Monday, July 31, 2023 10:17:27 AM (Elapsed Time: 57.17 seconds)

FaisalAlYaseein_0-1690752606727.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

@FaisalAl-YaseeinOpen the data reference workbook in your data loading workspace, set MaintainAttachments to FALSE then try again.

If your source data includes global ids on both your source features and attachments table, then you can MaintainAttachments but you will need to set PreserveGlobalIds to TRUE.

If you don't have global ids in your source data but want to MaintainAttachments then you will need to create a run a script to populate the global id column on the table(s) where you receive this error.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

The asset package models the GlobalID field as a guid to allow the preservation of GlobalIDs.  This error is reporting that one of the records in the attachment table has a invalid GlobalID(Guid).  You must update it to a valid global id.  The 000000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 globalid is sort of a like a null value.

FaisalAl-Yaseein
Emerging Contributor

Hello Mike, thank you for the replay 

I opened the data and I have not found any ID like this, nor null values or empty. 

the error showed in WaterDevice__ATTACH GlobalID, which are empty relation classes in a geodatabase that include most of the attribute rules. as I understand. 

let me explain what I did step by step: 

1- Generate an empty schema from the Water assets in the Utility Foundation package, by use "Change Asset Package Spatial Reference" 

2- Transfer the data using Data Loading Tools, by creating a workplace and modifying manually in Excel then Executing data Loading.  I tried many scenarios related to Global ID, taking it from row data, and generate one, and preserving ID and not. both show errors when I do the next step. 

3- apply "Asset Package to Geodatabase" without post-processing. 

I might do a mistake somewhere in these steps. 

feel free to check the data in the link 

best regards 

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

This table:

MikeMillerGIS_0-1690831137977.png

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

@MikeMillerGIS is this something that could be caused by the Data Loading Tools? By default, I believe the tools are set to include attachments but not preserve global id. Could that be responsible for this behavior (e.g. the source data has attachments but the global ids are left behind)?

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

@FaisalAl-YaseeinOpen the data reference workbook in your data loading workspace, set MaintainAttachments to FALSE then try again.

If your source data includes global ids on both your source features and attachments table, then you can MaintainAttachments but you will need to set PreserveGlobalIds to TRUE.

If you don't have global ids in your source data but want to MaintainAttachments then you will need to create a run a script to populate the global id column on the table(s) where you receive this error.

FaisalAl-Yaseein
Emerging Contributor

oh now its works, you are right Rbert , the mistake was when I enabled attachments in data loading tools , just I follow your last advice then it successfully generated a utility network, now I can work on the map starting with topology 

thank you very much dear

0 Kudos