ERROR 160189: The spatial index grid size is invalid

Jump to solution
01-26-2022 03:59 AM
GIS_Solutions
Occasional Contributor II

Hi everybody,

I get this error when I run the update subnetwork tool.
There is no solution for content.
Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GIS_Solutions

Yes im working on file gdb.

When I deleted the spatial index and started the Update Subnetwork tool again, it did not give an error. 

Thank you @JonDeRose @Anonymous User 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There are potential solutions in the error message

160189: The spatial index grid size is invalid. <value>—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Did you use this?

Add Spatial Index (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

did you try to see if updating it works

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
GIS_Solutions

Hi,

yes i saw that but it didn't work

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perhaps you could try deleting and rebuilding the index for the Network layer that contains the subnetwork lines?

0 Kudos
GIS_Solutions

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry i coud not  understand what you said. Because The subnetwork layer is not an erasable layer.

I wonder Did i misunderstand what you want to say?

0 Kudos
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor

@GIS_Solutions Are you running into this issue with UN on File Geodatabase or Enterprise? I beleive this is file... The issue is likely with the index on SubnetLine.  Could be a result of the current update adding a very large subnetwork to a class previously populated with much smaller features.  Agree with @Anonymous User above that dropping the spatial index, running Update Subnetwork, and then recreating the index should allow you to move past this.

GIS_Solutions

Yes im working on file gdb.

When I deleted the spatial index and started the Update Subnetwork tool again, it did not give an error. 

Thank you @JonDeRose @Anonymous User 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry I probably needed to make this clearer--I think in the Pro Template for the solution the group layer is called Water or Electric Network but the underlying feature class is subnet line.  I would drop/add the spatial index on that layer.

Boniface2023
New Contributor

Hi when I'm trying to update subnetwork of electric distribution in ArcGIS pro i face the error which say "SPATIAL INDEX GRID SIZE IS INVALID" please help me on how to solve this error because i have deadline and i don't know what to do to clear this issue 

0 Kudos
Jon_D
by
New Contributor

@Boniface2023 Did the above note about dropping the spatial index on the SubnetLine not enable your update to proceed?

0 Kudos