Erro: The value type is inconsistent with other associated value types...

10-27-2020 01:43 PM
WilliamBuerger
Occasional Contributor

I've published a Utility Network to portal but when I try to add the UN or any of its layers to a new map, I get this error...

"The value type is inconsistent with other associated value types in the coded value domain."

I got this when loading some data into one of our testing systems.  I was never able to figure it out but when I build a new test system, I didn't seem to be getting it there.  Well, now it's showing up on this new system and data that worked before is not working anymore.  I couldn't find any logs or anything that would give any additional details about what value type or coded domain is the issue.  Is there any way to know what ArcPro doesn't like with the data that can be fixed?

Windows Server 2019

ArcGIS Server 10.8.1

ArcGIS Portal 10.8.1

ArcGIS Pro 2.6.2

SQL Server 2017

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
WilliamBuerger
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, I don't have a resolution yet.  As I was worried about, I was doing the final loading of the data where I was under a time constraint and of course this error happened.  But in this case at least, I rebooted the server or something and somehow the error went away.  I was too worried about our deadline to think too much about it.  It would be nice to have something to help understand the cause of this issue.  We'll see if it comes up on our next projects that we are working on.

0 Kudos
IvanGatchik
New Contributor

I am having the same problem with Utility Network tools in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 with Portal 10.9 and Electric Utility Network Foundation 3.4, but I can hit the respective REST endpoints successfully in the Utility Network service. Which makes me think ArcGIS Pro messes something up with the security token.

0 Kudos
WilliamBuerger
Occasional Contributor

I have an open ticket with ESRI right now and they are looking at some logging that we generated to see if anything can be found.  I did my only work around I currently have and built a new server and was able to add the data from my first publish map.  What I've done is to not delete that map service and just stop it while I reload the data and that service continues to work.  But I did try publishing a new map and that one does show this error even though the original service with the same data does not have the error.  I suppose I should try comparing the json for the two services and see if there's anything different.  Maybe in a couple weeks when I might have some time available to spend on that.

0 Kudos
GIS_Solutions
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Make sure all patches are installed.

0 Kudos
JohnWatson_EBA
Occasional Contributor

I actually saw this come up when trying to manually reconcile and post my 4 branch versions in Pro (2.6.3). Upon first glance it appears it's an issue with actual data in a particular field, and the UN doesn't like what is in there. So if I have a field of material codes, and the UN expects to see DIP but instead there is Ductile Iron Pipe, I think that's an example of what would cause this. I just wish there was a way to tell which field(s) it's yelling about. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also encountered the same issue.  Pro 2.6 publishing to Enterprise 10.8.1 with the water data management solution.  I'm assuming there is an issue with an invalid domain assignment but I can't figure out what asset it is complaining about.  I published with the default symbology with success but would be curious to know what the underlying issue was/is.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
WilliamBuerger
Occasional Contributor

I've yet to find anything that explains the issue.  Luckily, I haven't run into it with Pro 2.8 yet.  Or if I have, restarting Pro or something simple fixed it.  So maybe it's finally been addressed in some recent update.

0 Kudos