Duplicate UNs Added to Map

Jump to solution
02-23-2021 10:35 AM
TJ_Houle
New Contributor III

Hi everyone!

Has anyone else noticed if you add the dataset that holds your UN to a map from a file geodatabase, for some reason it adds the UN twice? 

It seems to be fine to select one them at random and delete it, but it would be good to know how to prevent it. I've tried it with several different UN filegeodatabases that we have, and they all work the same way.

she/her/hers
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor

@TJ_Houle This issue is encountered if you right-click the feature dataset containing the utility network to add it to the map. 

Sorry for the inconvenience, we have addressed this with the upcoming Pro 2.8 release.  The issue should not be encountered if you right-click the utility network itself and add this to a map.

Thanks,

Jon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor

@TJ_Houle This issue is encountered if you right-click the feature dataset containing the utility network to add it to the map. 

Sorry for the inconvenience, we have addressed this with the upcoming Pro 2.8 release.  The issue should not be encountered if you right-click the utility network itself and add this to a map.

Thanks,

Jon

0 Kudos
TJ_Houle
New Contributor III

Thank you @JonDeRose . What was happening?

she/her/hers
0 Kudos
AlexKabak
Esri Contributor

Hi TJ,

I tested your scenario and got the same result.

Try right-clicking the Utility Network in your File UN and add it to a map. It will ask you if you would like to add the rest of the classes. Click Yes. It should accomplish the same task you posted above.

Hope this solves your issue.

Thanks,

Alex

AlexKabak_0-1614105953454.png

AlexKabak_1-1614105987175.png

0 Kudos
TJ_Houle
New Contributor III

thank you! we definitely have a work around, I was just wondering what was causing it in the first place.

she/her/hers
0 Kudos