Dirty Area: The geometry for the network feature is empty.

Jump to solution
09-29-2022 12:47 AM
Acharya
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I performed the migration of utility network with FME. After the migration, there is the dirty area (The geometry for the network feature is empty). There are three dirty areas overlapped with each other. They are also really far away from the geometric network I also checked the old geometric network. I do not see any feature. I can not find any error in utility network as well. 

How can I get rid of this error and why do we get this error? 

Thanks in advance. 
-Shlesha

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

You have a 3 lines with an empty geometry.  Use the Original Global ID in the error report to find these features and remove them or find a way to add geometry to them.

View solution in original post

GIS_Solutions
Occasional Contributor II

You can bypass the problem by searching for globalID in the eleline features and deleting the relevant records. It probably won't be the geometry of the records.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
GIS_Solutions

Hi,

First run Disable Network Topology tool and then run Enable Network Topology tool.

Do these dirty areas occur at the corner points of the service territory? 

0 Kudos
Acharya
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I already tried that. 

They are quite far away from the service Territory. 

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

We need to see the error message to know how to fix it.  If it is in the lower corner, it could be a Junction or Edge Object in error that is not locatable.  

You can run this tool to get some more info about the error:

https://esri.github.io/Utility-Data-Management-Support-Tools/docs/2.9/SummarizeUNErrors.html

from this toolbox

https://github.com/Esri/Utility-Data-Management-Support-Tools/blob/2.9/UtilityDataManagementSupport....

0 Kudos
Acharya
New Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I have attached below the error summary. 

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

You have a 3 lines with an empty geometry.  Use the Original Global ID in the error report to find these features and remove them or find a way to add geometry to them.

GIS_Solutions

You can bypass the problem by searching for globalID in the eleline features and deleting the relevant records. It probably won't be the geometry of the records.

Acharya
New Contributor III

It worked. 
Thanks a lot