Select to view content in your preferred language

Diagrams Index Error when Validating Topology?

Jump to solution
09-20-2023 06:44 AM
rpepato_bizpoke
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to validate the network topology after an edit operation on the Communications Utility Network Foundation on an ArcGIS Enterprise. ArcGIS Pro complains about an index on the UN_2325_DIAGRAMS table:

rpepato_bizpoke_0-1695216646099.png

Investigating through the RDBMS management tool, it looks like the index mentioned in the error message (S178_idx) doesn't exist:

rpepato_bizpoke_1-1695216875195.png

Now I can't validate the network topology and clean the dirty areas and even worse is that I can't roll back to the previous state (unfortunately the edit was not on a separate version), which would lead me to redeploy the UN.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions about what could be wrong with this environment and how to proceed with cleaning the dirty areas?

Thanks

Environment:
ArcGIS Pro 3.1.3
ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1
Communications Utility Network Foundation 1.4 (deployed on SQL Server 2019)

Details: 
After a batch update of the Measure Length attribute of some Assets (Strands/Fiber) in the Communications Edge Object table (originally the records had a null value in this attribute), 

Steps to Reproduce:
1 - Update the Measure Length attribute for some records in the Communications Edge Object table;
2 - Visualize the Dirty Areas in the affected section of the network
3 - Execute the Validate Network Topology functionality. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you able to run the Add Spatial Index tool on this system table? It may not be listed in the database connection, but if you enter the path into the tool it should be able to run.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor
You need to check if all featureclasses have a valid spatial index.
| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos
rpepato_bizpoke
New Contributor II

Hi @MarceloMarques , 

Thanks for the reply. I did check that for all of the UN "visible" feature classes (by visible I mean feature classes that are listed in the catalog). This specific table looks like something internal to UN, I think we don't have direct access through Pro to what's called "UN_2325_DIAGRAMS". Makes sense?

0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Please, open a ticket with Esri Technical Support to investigate this issue further. I could not find any related articles at support.esri.com that could assist to resolve the problem.

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you able to run the Add Spatial Index tool on this system table? It may not be listed in the database connection, but if you enter the path into the tool it should be able to run.

rpepato_bizpoke
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for the directions @RobertKrisher

I added the index through arcpy and after that topology was validated without any errors. I was a little concerned about adding the index to a UN "system" table but it looks like everything is working normally again. Appreciate your usual help.

Roberto

MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

I am glad the workaround @RobertKrisher suggested worked. But how the spatial index got dropped from the UN Diagrams table. If you can find the steps to reproduce then it would be helpful to log an esri support case to investigate further. Thanks, : )

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

@rpepato_bizpoke Glad it was able to help you move forward. If you can reproduce the issue, or if you have a copy of the database where you can reproduce the issue, I encourage you to log an issue with support so we can determine what caused this and get it fixed.