Select to view content in your preferred language

'Apply Asset Package' Requiring Terminals on all Junction-Junction Associations

02-25-2020 09:34 AM
LoganSuhr_PSE
Occasional Contributor

I have an asset package with many rules and subsequent association records.  When I use the Apply Asset Package untool (v 2.4.3), I am informed that all 'Junction-Junction associations require terminals.'  I can't find anywhere in my configuration that this defined for my devices in question.  

I also tried applying the asset package without loading data.  Followed then by going from a csv of associations to the utility network database via the 'Import Associations' tool.  Again I was notified that I had errors, but was less descriptive:

I have attached an excel doc with all of the rules and terminal configurations tables as individual tabs.  The Association tab has the first record listed from above.  I'm hoping that somebody can help me track down where this is defined.  Is this a hard requirement for all utility networks?  And am I overlooking something obvious?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Regular Contributor

All Junction-Junction associations require terminals. For Asset Groups/Asset Types that do not have a terminal configuration, use the default which is Single Terminal

LoganSuhr_PSE
Occasional Contributor

Well, that answers that.

Do I need to modify the rules table for all junction-junction rules terminal values to be not null then?  I feel like this is not checked when applying the asset package without loading data or I would have had an error.

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Regular Contributor

No, the requirement is only on associations. Rules (schema) are validated before associations (data), so you should be good there.

You are correct, associations are not validated when only loading schema. Data validation is an expensive process, so it only occurs if needed.

0 Kudos