Which UN rule enforces self-intersecting line topology error and how to disable it

Jump to solution
03-02-2020 01:50 PM
JasonVignochi
New Contributor III

Hi,

I was wondering how to disable the self-intersecting lines topology errors in the the Utility Network. I know the error inspector doesn't work for the UN but I can't seem to find this particular topology rule. The documentation seems to think I need to Delete Rule but I'm not sure which of the UN rules enforces self intersecting line.

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Self-intersecting errors are not tied to the utility network rules (eg Junction-Edge or Junction-Junction); they will always be in error.

Here's a list of all the error codes and suggestions how to resolve.

Error feature management—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Self-intersecting errors are not tied to the utility network rules (eg Junction-Edge or Junction-Junction); they will always be in error.

Here's a list of all the error codes and suggestions how to resolve.

Error feature management—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

JasonVignochi
New Contributor III

Hi I wanted to say thanks for the help. It turns out I did not have the service area covering the spot where the edits were happening so what you would assume should fix the errors was failing. I ported the UN to a new asset package, modified the service territory, then bootstrapped it to a new EGDB and everything was fine.