Select to view content in your preferred language

Apply Asset Package - Duplicate Subnetwork name in C_SubnetworkControllers table

Jump to solution
08-20-2023 04:19 PM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

Hi there,

I have an existing UNM V3 (Electrical & Comms networks) running in AWS SQL Server 2017 RDS with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 that I have exported to a file geodatabase using 'Export Asset Package'. This production data is going to be moved into a new ArcGIS Enterprise environment (ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2, Enterprise 11.1 & UNM 6).

Our electrical network has true mesh networks which has 2 or more subnetwork controllers with the controller names being unique with the subnetwork name being the same. The tracing of the network works as expected.

This exported asset package is being used as the source to the apply asset package into this new environment. When using the 'Apply Asset Package' gp tool, it fails because of duplicate subnetwork names for unique reference of features (gobal_id, asset group, asset type, terminal) in the 'C_SubnetworkControllers' table. I believe this is a bug as the UNM supports mesh networks that need the subnetwork name to be the same.

Has anybody come across this issue before?

Thanks for any help with this

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

My guess is that subnetwork name is used in more than one tier.  There are states that UN lets you get into, that the Asset Package will prevent.  We will not let you create these bad states with an Apply.

Can you filter the table for DR-10 and show use the records for that subnetwork?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

I misread your response.  I got the table from John and verified that this is the case.  If you wish this restriction to change, an enhancement needs to be logged for the UN to support this.  I am going to mark this as the solutions.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

I frequently use duplicated subnetwork names in mesh electric, so I know that works in the asset package.  The errors you are showing are about terminal assignment being used for two different subnetworks.  

Is this asset package purely the result of an export to asset package or was the asset package post processed in some way?

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

John,

Sorry I attached the wrong image. See new image.

The result is purely from an export to asset package.

I am post processing the asset package now to remove these duplicates as I need to test the import/performance of the network going into HANA geodatabase. I know there is probably going to be a stack of errors but I need something to work with at the moment.

0 Kudos
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

can you send me just the c_subnetworkcontrollers table?

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

John,

No problems at all. There is about 280,000 records in it. I'll copy it out to another file geodatabase, zip it and then email it to you shortly. Thanks for looking at this.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

My guess is that subnetwork name is used in more than one tier.  There are states that UN lets you get into, that the Asset Package will prevent.  We will not let you create these bad states with an Apply.

Can you filter the table for DR-10 and show use the records for that subnetwork?

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

Mike,

DR-10 does appear in two different tiers. This is the case of some bad data but I'm sure somewhere this would be a requirement and the system shouldn't care either as it is unique at a tier level.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Still interested in seeing the records that raised this error.  We do allow multiple controllers of the same subnetwork in mesh.  

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

Mike,

John has a copy of the table and Tom Brown has a copy of our UN PRD SQL Server geodatabase if you're interested in having a look

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

I misread your response.  I got the table from John and verified that this is the case.  If you wish this restriction to change, an enhancement needs to be logged for the UN to support this.  I am going to mark this as the solutions.