Ideas as Hub-text

Jump to solution
03-19-2020 03:19 AM
MaxNilsson
New Contributor III

Hello!

I've been wondering where I can view, edit and remove already placed "ideas" in the Urban model. I can't seem to find any documentation on this topic.

Thanks!

/Max

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MaxNilsson
New Contributor III

Hi Dominik,

Thanks for the clarification.

I just can't seem to find it even after I turned it on in "Settings". There are ideas saved so it has to be located somewhere...

Update:

I solved it. The file was created by another user 6 months ago which made it not appear for me and also it didn't show that it had been updated.

/Max

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DominikAllemann
Esri Contributor

Hi Max Nilsson‌,

Thanks for your question about the Urban Ideas.

Ideas are stored outside of the Urban database in a separate "Hub Annotations" layer. If such a layer doesn't exist yet within your ArcGIS Online organization, it gets created automatically when you enable the public engagement in the "Settings" tab of the Urban data manager. 

There is currently no UI within Urban to edit already placed Ideas but we are continually working on improvements for the public engagement parts of ArcGIS Urban. Stay tuned 🙂

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards,
Dominik

MaxNilsson
New Contributor III

Hi Dominik,

Thanks for the clarification.

I just can't seem to find it even after I turned it on in "Settings". There are ideas saved so it has to be located somewhere...

Update:

I solved it. The file was created by another user 6 months ago which made it not appear for me and also it didn't show that it had been updated.

/Max

0 Kudos
DominikAllemann
Esri Contributor

Hi Max Nilsson,

You can find the "Hub Annotations" layer for example by following the steps mentioned below:

1) Log-in to your ArcGIS Online Organization.

2) Click on "Content" and then on "My Organization".

3) Type in "Hub Annotations" in the search bar.

Kind Regards,
Dominik