Select to view content in your preferred language

Learn ArcGIS: Is it me or is the lesson missing something?

Jump to solution
10-12-2020 04:12 PM
EricaPrice
New Contributor II

I am working on this Learn ArcGIS lesson: Prepare for search and rescue incidents | Learn ArcGIS. For the headline, Add the Smart Editor widget when I try to save it in the end, it says, "Please select at least one display field for layer High Sierra camps." Did I miss something? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KyleBauer
New Contributor

Hello Erica,

To fix this issue, follow these steps when configuring the Smart Editor widget (you can perform these steps at any time in the configuration process):

1. On the Layer Settings tab, scroll through the list of layers, point to High Sierra Camps, and click the edit button in the Actions column.
2. In the Configure fields for High Sierra Camps window, for the Name field, check the box in the Display column.

3. Click OK.

We will be adding these steps to the lesson in our next site release (next week). Thank you for catching and reporting this issue!

Kyle

View solution in original post

2 Replies
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Hello Erica,

Thank you for reporting this issue! I can reproduce it and we are looking into a solution now. In the meantime, I recommend skipping the steps to add the smart editor widget.

Thank you,

Heather

KyleBauer
New Contributor

Hello Erica,

To fix this issue, follow these steps when configuring the Smart Editor widget (you can perform these steps at any time in the configuration process):

1. On the Layer Settings tab, scroll through the list of layers, point to High Sierra Camps, and click the edit button in the Actions column.
2. In the Configure fields for High Sierra Camps window, for the Name field, check the box in the Display column.

3. Click OK.

We will be adding these steps to the lesson in our next site release (next week). Thank you for catching and reporting this issue!

Kyle