Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Create Report action in Microsoft Power Automate (Preview)

01-30-2023 12:43 PM
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

[Updated July 2023: Added new note with link to a more recent and complete video]

Note: You may want to watch this video instead for a more recent take at this functionality

Just a few days a new Create Report action was added to the ArcGIS Survey123 connector for Microsoft Power Automate. While this action will not be officially documented or supported until the upcoming February 2023 release (currently planned for February 22), you can start playing with it now.

The video below will give you a quick tour to get you going. Enjoy!

If you have any feedback, please let us know by posting a comment below or adding your comments to the Survey123 Early Adopter Community website.

Note:  Since this action was added to the connector, some of you have reported that any flow previously authored from a Microsoft Power Automate template, stops working when you edit it. To resolve this issue, the Survey123 connector needs to be deleted from your flow and added again.  We are working to understand if this problem can be prevented or not. 

67 Replies
RyanB1
by
New Contributor II

Does this work with Portal or only AGOL at this stage

0 Kudos
Paulvan_Heerden1
New Contributor III

Hi there

I assume both, as you specify the data connector that is uses. Maybe play around and see if you can get it to connect to your Portal. Add a new Survey123 data connection as you can see below. You can then configure it to your Portal...... I think! 😁 Maybe give it a try.

Paulvan_Heerden1_3-1680073313434.png

RyanB1
by
New Contributor II

Hi Paulvan

When i click on the new connection it auto takes you to the agol login and doesnt let you specify the portal url. Is there a way to redirect this?

Paulvan_Heerden1
New Contributor III

Unfortunately I am not sure. I just went to go have a look myself, and I am not sure how you would do it (if you even can).

@IsmaelChivite ?

0 Kudos
BrianHall7
New Contributor III

I don't get the URL options under "Upload File from URL", stopping me in my tracks. Does this flow require a Premium PowerAutomate license?

0 Kudos
Paulvan_Heerden1
New Contributor III

What are you trying to do with this flow? If you are trying to create a S123 report and email it, then you don't have the correct actions. Have a look at some of my posts above to see what I did

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@Alexandre  @BenCunningham  As far as I know, it it not possible to attach the report file to an email without saving it first somewhere and then downloading it.  I am not an expert in Microsoft Power Automate and not familiar with Sharepoint. It may be best to ask in the Microsoft forums.

The output of the Create Report tool is a URL.  What one can do with it in Ms Power Automate is... well Microsoft territory. If your fear is to leave a folder in the cloud full of files, you can also use the Delete file action after the email is sent. That way, you just upload the file temporarily.  Hope it makes sense!

AnaDeniston
New Contributor III

@IsmaelChivite, Does the usage of 'Create Report' in Power Automate consume credits?

BenWilkerson89
New Contributor III

@IsmaelChivite Thanks so much for this! I created two flows with this logic and they are working great! I am running into a snag on one flow though. I want to use a conditional statement that when a field in my fire inspections survey is filled out (mentioning that there is an issue with the address), an email gets sent to the GIS department and E911 Department to solve the addressing issue. 

Snag_4e59c1b4.png

 In Make I can set up a conditional statement where if this field exists, then it will send the email to the aforementioned departments. How do I do that in Power Automate? 

Make:

Snag_4e5e9d8a.png

 Power Automate:

Snag_4e5d2774.png

0 Kudos
AmyRoust
Regular Contributor

Like others in the comments on this post, I wanted to email my report after it was created. I had a hard time getting the right settings for the Get file content using path and Send an email (V2) steps, so I'm sharing a screenshot of those two steps in the hopes that it will save others some time!

AmyRoust_0-1685122704409.png

For reference, here is my entire flow (I didn't add a step to delete the PDF because I like having a backup copy.)

AmyRoust_1-1685122746084.png