What happens to a second GeoPoint question?

03-18-2019 03:16 PM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I want to store the start and end of a line.  It now lets me have 2 geopoint questions.  Where does the second one get stored?  Or must I add lat and long fields to store this?  I would really rather not have just numbers but a real gps point.

Would changing to the new geotrace be better?  If so can I limit them to just 2 points?  Can I force some type of label on the line points or something?  (How would I track start vs end)  The issue here is they will be at the start of the line at the start of the day but will not get to the end until later.  How would I allow them to add one point at the form start but then add the second one later on (maybe hours later).  I would ideally like log start on page 1 and end on page 4.

Open to any ideas.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Correction I cannot have a second Geopoint.  I was binding to fieldType to null for that to work I just forgot.

Also is there a way to pulldata in a different projection?  I need to store lat/long as NAD83 in the backend table and not sure how to convert it if it is just a lat/long pair.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Doug,

Survey123 does not do any coordinate system conversions for geometry.  You can store a point in another coordinate system by publishing a feature class in that coordinate system; this also allows you to set the transformation procedure that will happen when the service receives the wkid:4326 point from Survey123.

0 Kudos
daveostrander
Occasional Contributor II

I never did find a way to set the transformation procedure. I am using the Project ArcGIS REST API operation available at the Geometry Server service to get around this. Using webhooks payload data and an automation services platform allows the Project to happen on the fly, which can then be captured using Parse JSON action, which then gets fed into the applyEdits operation to add the point in the correct coordinate system at the correct location.

0 Kudos