Web Form - Failed to Submit

03-31-2020 09:16 AM
BrittneyGibbons1
Occasional Contributor

We are experiencing issues with a webform failing to submit from some iOS devices. When users try to submit a form, they receive the error: Failed to submit - undefined is not a function (near '...window.require...'). The issue has been encountered from the Safari browser. 

Is this due to an issue with my form or a browser issue?

0 Kudos
18 Replies
StefanieWenker
Occasional Contributor

My co-worker tried it in Safari on Iphone and it worked fine for him, he was able to submit the survey.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stefanie,

I just tried to open this form on the iPad, which is running iOS12.4.6 and it seems to load the map just fine. I did see that three bars and just wait about few seconds longer, the map did load.

What is the model and the exact iOS version are you using?

0 Kudos
StefanieWenker
Occasional Contributor

It is an IPad 6th Generation and I have Software Version 13.3.1

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stefanie,

I don't have the iPad model and the exact iOS version to confirm, but most likely it's the device specific(or iOS version specific). I would encourage you to submit this issue as a bug via Esri Support to further troubleshoot this. In the mentime, have you tried installing other web browser app such as chrome on iPad and try to use Chrome to see if it will load the map? 

0 Kudos
StefanieWenker
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I have installed Chrome and it works fine on there. I did also check that my permissions for sharing my location are set to "while using app". 

I will submit a support ticket.

The people I think will be using this are most likely filling out the survey on a phone and since it seems it works at least on chrome, at least we have a work-around. thank you for helping me look into this.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stefanie,

Could you also check "Safari" in Setting on your iPad and double check if "Location" is set to either "Ask" or "Allow"?

0 Kudos
StefanieWenker
Occasional Contributor

It is set to allowed. That is what I meant, when I go to my settings, into location services and click on Safari Websites, it is set to Allow Location Access "While Using the App"

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Actually I am looking at Settings>Safari>Location path though, not from Location service.

There are three options "Ask, Deny, Allow" and wondering if this matched the Location service>Safari website.

And also check all other Safari setting(Settings>Safari) to see if something does set differently from a working iOS device.

They are initial points to check but would still be good to have Esri Tech Support to troubleshoot further for you.

0 Kudos
StefanieWenker
Occasional Contributor

I wasn't aware of that settings page, but it didn't resolve the issue.

I was able to make it work though: I ended up clearing my cache by going to Advanced settings for the Safari App--> Advanced --> Website Data and clicked on "remove all website data". This did the trick! I can now see the map and submit the survey 

Luckily this will not be an issue for any of my users since they have never opened the website/survey so far.

0 Kudos