Select to view content in your preferred language

Using pulldata("@layer") to query point feature layer that intersects the user's geotrace

08-01-2024 10:53 AM
Chris3030
Emerging Contributor

Hello, in my survey there is a geotrace question. I am trying to perform a spatial query with a point feature layer to see how many points intersect the user's geotrace submission. I would like for the user to be able to see the number points that fall within their geotrace polygon right after they have drawn the polygon. Is this possible using the pulldata("@layer") function? There's a lot of information online about the inverse where you query if the user's geopoint is within another feature layer's polygon using pulldata("@layer"), but not so much in regards to querying the survey's geotrace polygon with another online layer. If there are other methods that would allow this functionality, that'd also be great to hear! Thanks 

Tags (2)
1 Reply
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Chris3030

If you're planning on using the Survey123 field app unfortunately at this time only geopoint is supported for pulldata("@layer") input geometry. 

If you're not planning on sharing your survey publicly you can instead use a custom JavaScript function to query the feature service and return the count of intersecting features. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos