Select to view content in your preferred language

Using a JavaScript pulldata in a calculate breaks the autocomplete drop down (new?)

11-08-2023 12:38 PM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Pretty sure this is new as I have used it before.

sameaslastdropdown.gif

My calculate is being used to grab the value from the last repeat.  This has been the holy grail for us for 5 years now.  We often hit a run of repeats that are the same and our old system we could just hit Same a Last and quickly move through them.  123 has been way slower for us on this.  123 is still pretty clunky and slow for rapid entry making the day long for the crew.

Calc is
if(${UseDefaults}='Yes', pulldata("@javascript", "functions.js", "sameaslast", ${LPIDetail}, position(${LPIDetail}), "TopCanopy"),'')

I know pulldata has issues when in an if, but even if I move it to its own field it still happens.  Weirdly if I say yes to use defaults it populates, then I hit X and it all works.  It is just the first drop down.  Also if I start typing the values are there and work.  Its just the down arrow to drop down the list that breaks.

Attached is a simple form to show it happening.  Rename the js file from jpg since I can't upload that.

thanks

1 Reply
BrookeHehr
Emerging Contributor

Have you found a solution for this behavior yet, Doug? I love the javascript you posted, but I am experiencing the same issue using minimal and autocomplete drop-down appearance types. Options appear using compact appearance (radio buttons).

0 Kudos