Use labels not names without calculation Survey123

03-03-2022 03:35 AM
KennethLindhardt1
Occasional Contributor II

I just want to confirm that there is no way to show the label and not the name, without adding a new calculation field.

We are creating a survey with a lot of select one quistions. Then we have another survey that are pulling in all the data in a read only survey, so basically just a document. To make it more readable I want to remove the box graphic drop down, but just show plain text, by changing the field in the second survey from select_one to note. I'm using a submission_url and this is actually working, except the fact that it is showing the name and not the label in the Survey.

I really want to prevent to add additional 50 fields to the feature service in a already 370 field service..

So I want to have the same functionality as jr:choice-name but without the calculation field.

Possible?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrandonA_CDPH

@KennethLindhardt1 - you could do this using the ESRI:FieldType Null method described here: ESRI Custom Columns  - about a third of the way down.

I see this and hidden questions working well.  Something like a hidden, read only question that pulls in the original data, then a null question that displays what you want to show. No additional fields added to the feature service.

0 Kudos
KennethLindhardt1

Thank you Brandon, that was very clever and very useful for this.

BrandonA_CDPH

You're welcome.  Glad it's going to work for you. 🙂

0 Kudos