Use Distributed Collaborations with Survey123

06-04-2021 12:34 PM
DonovanC
New Contributor III

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to create a collaboration with Portal (Host) and AGOL (Guest) with Survey123 to collect data from users in AGOL and to copy back the data to Enterprise? 

My workflow is I have a survey created in AGOL for external users to collect data and I want to see this data back in Enterprise. Would the data have to be shared as referenced 

JamesTedrick

Thanks

3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @DonovanC

Depending on your ArcGIS Enterprise configuration if your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment is accessible over the internet (you don't need a VPN to access the environment) you could take the REST endpoint of your ArcGIS Enterprise feature service and add it as an item in ArcGIS Online. You could then point the survey to the feature service created in ArcGIS Online and data collected will be available in your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment. 

If your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment is not accessible over the internet you can use a Python script to periodically copy survey data from ArcGIS Online to a feature class in an Enterprise geodatabase that's published to your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment. 

Thank you, 

Zach 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
DonovanC
New Contributor III

Hi Zach,

Thanks for your help. 

With Collaborations would I able create a copy of my feature service in AGOL and send to it my Enterprise as a copy. Then collect the data in AGOL and use the sync capabilities to copy the data that was captured in AGOL to my Enterprise feature service?

Thanks,

Donovan

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Hello @DonovanC 

You can only create a collaboration between AGOL and an internal portal if AGOL is the host and portal the guest. If you only desire a one-way sync from AGOL to portal then publish your Survey123 form and feature service to AGOL and let it sync back to your portal. When establishing the collaboration ensure you select "copies". 

This said, I'm currently experiencing an issue whereby despite doing what I describe above I still get a referenced URL in my portal. See here for my other forum posting.

0 Kudos