Use a link to navigate to a record in a repeat?

04-28-2021 11:11 AM
Strahanjen
Occasional Contributor II

Is it possible to create a link that would navigate directly to a particular record in a repeat? Here's the use case: Biologists enter fish observations summarized by species including length min/max, weight, number of fish, etc. I use a custom Javascript function to display the entries in a tabular format. The user would like to be able to click on a species in the table to automatically jump to that record in the repeat in order to make edits to the values. Might this be possible? If so, how would I structure the link? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry. Not possible.

Strahanjen

Ismael, thanks for the response. Do you know of another option for making quick navigation between large numbers of records in a repeat possible? 

Thanks,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you long press the next arrow it will go to the end of that helps.  But I am thinking that many repeats in one form you may want to think of a diff design.  Like a parent and each form is a child - so multiple forms vs multiple repeats.

0 Kudos
Strahanjen

Thanks for the tip. I may resort to using a grid for filling out the fish entries instead. The problem is the tablet is small, and I have 8 columns for each fish observation. Users want to see all of the fish observations submitted, at a glance, and also to be able to change a measurement if desired.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I do summary pages for the crews so they can see any weird values at a glance.

DougBrowning_0-1621357857894.png

I even give warning messages in red

DougBrowning_1-1621358198168.png

But no you cannot edit right there since that would be having one field in two places.  They still have to go find the issue.

You prob want to grow the repeat down.  Upvote these ideas (but I heard its really hard in the UI).  As you can see there are a lot of idea posts in these links. 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-ideas/tally-sheet-format-for-repeats/idi-p/938975

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-ideas/table-view-for-repeats/idi-p/938544

thanks

0 Kudos
Strahanjen

Nice! Do you use Javascript code to generate those summary pages? I'm assuming you're pulling information from the repeats to build the summary?  If so, I'd love to see a snippet of your code.  Thanks very much for your guidance! 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I just use min, max, sum, and join. 

DougBrowning_0-1621362404370.png

0 Kudos