Update Template tool did not go well

Jump to solution
12-27-2022 09:35 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Some of my forms are 3+ years old.  I tried the new update template tool today and well it did not go great.

All my drop downs are a mess now.  Errors on everything

DougBrowning_0-1672162448437.png

Any ideas here?  thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @DougBrowning

Thank you for confirming! There was an openpyxl bug at that version (and prior) that is causing the data validation issue you are seeing. If you update ArcGIS Pro to the latest 3.0.3 version that should update your openpyxl package to 3.0.9 and the issue should be resolved. Alternatively you can clone your default Pro Python environment and update the package directly in the cloned environment. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @DougBrowning

What version of openpyxl is being used in the Python environment you have configured with Connect? 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

DougBrowning_0-1672238779336.png

Thanks.  For now I went old school and did it column by column.

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @DougBrowning

Thank you for confirming! There was an openpyxl bug at that version (and prior) that is causing the data validation issue you are seeing. If you update ArcGIS Pro to the latest 3.0.3 version that should update your openpyxl package to 3.0.9 and the issue should be resolved. Alternatively you can clone your default Pro Python environment and update the package directly in the cloned environment. 

Thank you,
Zach
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I can't move to ArcPro 3 yet but thanks for the answer.  

0 Kudos