Unable to view submitted survey data to print feature report

Jump to solution
09-28-2020 08:18 AM
RalphPlummer
New Contributor III

Hello

A recent problem has surfaced regarding one attempting to view and print their feature report once submitted.  The issue has been ongoing for approximately a month or so.  I have provided workarounds for users but have not been able to pinpoint the cause.  I will try to explain the issue the best I can along with what I have done to attempt to resolve it.

When a user navigates to https://survey123.arcgis.com/surveys and clicks on a survey, it navigates to the overview page.  Depending on the user, he or she clicks on "Total Records" or "Data" to view submitted surveys.  This is where the problem arises.  If you view Photo1 attached to this post, only one repeat tab appears, total records shows 47, and no data.  One of the few ways to force the data to appear is to refresh the browser window.  If you view Photo2 attached to this post, you will see there are actually 20 records, not 47.  Photo3 shows the other two ways (circled in red) one can navigate directly to view data without having to refresh the page.

This problem is not survey specific, at least based on our perspective.  Every survey created within our organization has developed this issue. Some of the steps taken to try to resolve the issue are:

1. Had users clear cache and cookies from their browser.  Same results.
  2. Asked which browser was being utilized.  In this case everyone was using Google Chrome.  Tests were also conducted using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. Same results.
  3. Logged in on different computers, to include outside of the organization.  Same results.
  4. Believing it may be a template issue, deleted a survey all together and re-published it using the new XLSX template in Survey123 Connect v3.10, which is the method of development for all our surveys.  Same results.
  5. One user accessed it using an IPad.  Same result.
  6. Accessed other surveys not created by our developers.  Same results.
  7. Our organization also has a Portal that we have developed some surveys for testing in that environment.  Same results occur.

The workarounds mentioned in paragraph two seem simple enough, but when we have many users that are experiencing this issue, we need to determine the cause and fix the issue.  Since I have been unable to find a similar post to this one, I can only assume it has to do with our profiles created within the organization.  I will mention that the creator of a survey does not see the problem.  Everything appears normal unless navigating to someone else's survey.

If anyone has any ideas or a solution, please feel free to comment.  I'm all ears at this point.  Thank you.

Bill

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi Bill,

@RalphPlummer 

We have fixed the BUG-000133407 (A non-administrative member in ArcGIS Online is unable to view the full results of a survey in the Data tab in survey123.arcgis.com from a survey containing repeats when the survey is shared to a group or organization.) which might be the cause of the issue you mentioned.

Could you please help us verify the fix on the Survey123? Please feel free to leave comments here if you still see the issue.

Thanks,

Ruth

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Ralph Plummer‌, 

From reading the issue described it sounds like you are potentially running into an issue we have logged. We have had a few issues around sharing the results of surveys with the 3.10 release. The first defect that comes to mind is "BUG-000133407-A non-administrative member in ArcGIS Online is unable to view the full results of a survey in the Data tab in survey123.arcgis.com from a survey containing repeats, when the survey is shared to a group or organization.". 

A few questions I have are: 

- What are the share settings on the survey? Are the results shared to a group, the organization, or publicly? 

- What are the roles for the members who see the behavior? Are they Admins, Publishers, Users etc? 

- If you inspect the network activity in Google Chrome when the behavior is happening, are requests being made to the _stakeholder view or to the main Hosted Feature service? 

- If you test in https://survey123beta.arcgis.com is the same behavior observed? 

I would suggest opening a ticket with Esri Technical Support and they will be able to assist in narrowing down if you are running into an existing defect and take a look into additional troubleshooting information.

Thank you, 

Zach 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
RalphPlummer
New Contributor III

Hello Zachary Sutherby

1. What are the share settings on the survey? Are the results shared to a group, the organization, or publicly?
    Some surveys are shared to specific groups and some are shared to the organization.  Public sharing is not permitted nor a choice within our organization.  Share settings are set the same for Share Survey and Share Results.  Data viewers can see is always set to "All records in this survey."
  2. What are the roles for the members who see the behavior? Are they Admins, Publishers, Users etc?
    The roles for those experiencing this behavior are publishers and submitters.  We do not have any members using the user role because we need them to be able to download and print feature reports.  I did learn something this morning from the other Publisher, he has an additional role of Group Assigner.  He does not see the same issues as myself, a Publisher, and others as Submitters.
  3. If you inspect the network activity in Google Chrome when the behavior is happening, are requests being made to the _stakeholder view or to the main Hosted Feature service?
    I'm able to pull up the network activity in Google Chrome, but can't make heads or tails from the information.  Is there a specific place I can see whether it is making requests to the stakeholder view or hosted feature service?  
  4. If you test in https://survey123beta.arcgis.com is the same behavior observed?
    This is promising.  No, the same behavior is not observed.  The page loads as intended.

We are also working with our network administrators within the organization to troubleshoot the issue.  If anything is discovered, I will be sure to report back here with the solution.  In the meantime, I will look at opening a ticket with Esri Technical Support.

Thank you for your response and look forward to any other suggestions.

Bill

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi Bill,

@RalphPlummer 

We have fixed the BUG-000133407 (A non-administrative member in ArcGIS Online is unable to view the full results of a survey in the Data tab in survey123.arcgis.com from a survey containing repeats when the survey is shared to a group or organization.) which might be the cause of the issue you mentioned.

Could you please help us verify the fix on the Survey123? Please feel free to leave comments here if you still see the issue.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
RalphPlummer
New Contributor III

Hi Ruth

Yes, it appears the bug was addressed and we can now view the full results of a survey and print.  Thank you.

0 Kudos