Unable to submit/send, stuck in outbox

10-13-2020 02:09 PM
AldousTsang
New Contributor III

I had a user run into an error where surveys are not being submitted and are getting stuck in the outbox.

The first error occurs when trying to submit, the second error is when trying to edit/view the unsent survey.

I am able to replicate these errors on my own device. We need to get this error fixed ASAP, survey was running fine (last submission was 10/9). No changes or updates were made to the survey prior to this error (survey has been working for over a month now).

James Tedrick

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aldous,

The send error with mobile device usually occurs when the network is weak or not accessible. Usually when the network is strong, this issue should not occur. Could you have the user try again with wi-fi connection and resend it from outbox to see if it's the network issue?

0 Kudos
AldousTsang
New Contributor III

Hi,

The user still could not send, "Still have same error. I attempted from inside city hall so wi-fi should not be an issue."

I was able to send my previous test submission even though I was originally on wi-fi as well.

I just tried another test submission (I am on wi-fi) and I got the Send Error, Survey not sent: 1 

0 Kudos
AldousTsang
New Contributor III

Other surveys aren't submitting either, they were working last week. Was there something that was updated in AGOL?

0 Kudos
AldousTsang
New Contributor III

I finally got some test submissions to go thru around 10:50am, still doesn't explain why existing surveys weren't able to submit

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aldous,

Feature service response depends on the network performance and setting. There are many possible issues related to the performace/connection issue. It could be AGOL or network but unless you have a debugged environment setup, it's hard to narrow down what caused the send failure.

As long as the feature service continue to work, your survey should be fine and just have to be patient or try othere network and mobile devices.

Please monitor the behavior and if the issue is consistent with a specific user or specfic survey, please contact our Esri Support to go over some troubleshooting to see if the feature service is still working normally.

Thanks,

AldousTsang
New Contributor III

Thanks for your response, I'll keep monitoring the behavior. It's the first time I've seen all our active surveys being unable to submit/timing out.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Aldous,

As discussed in your other post, the issues you were having appear to be related to the update window associated with the release of 3.11. https://community.esri.com/thread/261360-why-does-it-says-2000-features#comment-961462 

Regards,

Phil.