TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined

12-20-2019 08:05 AM
KevinKozak
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am getting the "TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined" in my Survey123 log file while trying to submit a survey. I have looked through the XLS Form at the name column and where fields are referenced, but cannot see any problems. I am sure I am missing something. I created the form by importing from a hosted feature service in Survey123 Connect. The service was published from a Oracle SDE geo-database.

I have attached the XLS Form and log file.

Thank you,

Kevin

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kevin,

Which versions of Survey123 Connect did you use to publish the survey?  From the log, I can also see that you are using version 3.3 of the field app.  As a start, can you please try to publish and submit the survey using the latest versions of Connect and the field app (3.7)?

Can you also provide information regarding the version of your Enterprise environment (if you are using)?

One question that I had was if you happened to include attachment tables when publishing the service from Oracle?  A previous Geonet thread might be of interest to you https://community.esri.com/message/762941-repeats-not-working-with-sde-table-names-with-dot-in-name 

Please let us know if any of these suggestions resolve the issue.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
KevinKozak
Occasional Contributor

Hello Brandon,

I see in the log file that it says version 3.3.64. However, when I look at Survey123 Connect version it says 3.7.60. Not sure way the difference. I will try reloading Survey123 Connect.

Thank you for getting back with me.

Kevin

0 Kudos
KevinKozak
Occasional Contributor

Hello Brandon,

I re-installed Survey123 Connect with latest version. Then, republished the form. Still have the same submit error. The log still reads has Application Version: 3.3.64.

Any additional suggestion will be appreciated.

Kevin

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kevin,

The version of Survey123 for ArcGIS (the field app; not Survey123 Connect) is what is at 3.3.64 - updating Survey123 Connect does not automatically update Survey123.

0 Kudos
KevinKozak
Occasional Contributor

Hello James,

That explains the difference. So Brandon's suggested solution above would not be the problem I am having in submitting a survey?

Thank you,

Kevin

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kevin,

No, we would still want you to test submitting with the current version of Survey123; to note, it isn't a solution so much as an initial diagnostic (3.3 was released in February this year).  Looking at the error message and it's location, it may be that this was resolved as part of fixes introduced in 3.5, though (this would have been related to BUG-000118366).

0 Kudos
KevinKozak
Occasional Contributor

Hell James and Brandon,

Upgrading the Survey123 field application software resolved the problem I was having. I appreciate your assistance your have provided me, it will help me meet my due date for the application.

Thank you for the early Christmas present,

Kevin