Repeats not working with SDE table names with dot in name

Jump to solution
04-10-2018 07:21 AM
RichardSmith7
New Contributor II

Hello. I have been able to create a survey without repeats that successfully submits to our 10.5.1 Portal service which stores the data in our Oracle SDE.

However, when I add a repeating question set, and attempt to submit the survey, it hangs on 'Getting service information' and lists the repeat table (last three entries of diagnostics log below). Now, I know that when specifying the begin repeat in the form, you enter the table name in the name field. However, since the name field is not allowed any special characters (a dot in my case), my question is how do you specify repeats when the SDE table names requires the schemaname.tablename format? 

To troubleshoot this, I did republish the service and changed the names in the TOC to exclude the schema name, changed the form_id and repeat name to match, however, I get the same hang on submit.

[AppStudio@11205 category="qml" function="updateRelationships" filename="XFormFeatureService.qml" line="891"] qml: Updating relationship for: P_MEDICAL_IH.s123_entries

[AppStudio@11205 category="default" filename="XFormFeatureService.qml" line="891"] qrc:/qml/XForms/XFormFeatureService.qml:891: TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined

[AppStudio@11205 category="qml" function="expression for onStateChanged" filename="Portal.qml" line="192"] qml: Application state changed: 2

Cheers,

-Rick

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardSmith7
New Contributor II

The bug report came back with part of the solution. When publishing the service to Portal, I was including the attachments table in the TOC. The attachments table should not be added as it is a system table.

Also, I was not adding an index to the GUID fields that serve as the fields for the repeat relationship. Doing both of those things fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RichardSmith7
New Contributor II

I have spoken with Esri support and they were able to replicate the issue if there is both a repeat and attachments are enabled when working with a feature service that stores data in SDE. This has been logged as a bug: BUG-000113322: Survey created from an existing feature service with a related table and attachments enabled hangs when submitting a survey.

0 Kudos
RichardSmith7
New Contributor II

The bug report came back with part of the solution. When publishing the service to Portal, I was including the attachments table in the TOC. The attachments table should not be added as it is a system table.

Also, I was not adding an index to the GUID fields that serve as the fields for the repeat relationship. Doing both of those things fixed the issue.