Trigger Power Automate email without submitting survey?

08-16-2023 10:20 AM
RHammers
New Contributor III

Is it possible to have a power automate email be triggered without submitting the survey? I have a situation where one of my surveys collects information, and under certain conditions, the user is instructed to wait 10 days for additional documents to be submitted from a 3rd party. I would like a reminder email sent on the 10th day, but can't figure out how to do so or if it's even possible. Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Submitting a survey with a webhook configured will send a payload to the URL. The users need to submit.

Consider:

• Adding a field to maintain the survey status (complete, pending_documents). If the documents are required, have the survey submit but with pending_documents status if they are missing. This lets you filter submissions.
  • Allowing users to revisit the survey and edit existing data. Likely better to do this via the Inbox to avoid issues with accessing from a different device.
  • Have the power automate trigger occur. Email a link with custom URL parameters to reopen the survey in the inbox. 

Users then re-open the survey, complete it, the calculations change the status to complete. You can list surveys that are pending without having to rely on local device storage.

RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

As noted above, no this is not possible. To use the Survey123 trigger it has to be submitted. 

You could always use a different trigger, perhaps add a note field that only displays when those conditions are met and put a URL in the note and have it be a link to something else that triggers the webhook (I haven't done this, but I think this is possible). Or a different app/button on their device.

Or as above, the status field would be good, and in the webhook you can add a delay in the trigger so it sends that email 10 days after submission.