Survey123 Feature Report - Conditional Formatting based on answer

Jump to solution
04-23-2020 04:53 AM
JeffVan_Etten1
New Contributor III

Wondering if there is a way to create conditional formatting inside the feature report template based on a response.  For example, if inside the survey it was recorded options of Priority A, B & C and this wanted to be displayed with Red, Amber and Green text, is there a way to use conditional formatting to do this?  I know that it would be fairly easy to do in Excel, but not sure about how this would be done in Word Template (mail merge).

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffVan_Etten1
New Contributor III

Well finally figured out a work around to this using conditional elements with some code that looks like this in a table: 

${if invest_priority==”A”}Priority A ${/}${if invest_priority==”B”}Priority B ${/}

Not perfect, but its a workaround for the time being.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffVan_Etten1
New Contributor III

Well finally figured out a work around to this using conditional elements with some code that looks like this in a table: 

${if invest_priority==”A”}Priority A ${/}${if invest_priority==”B”}Priority B ${/}

Not perfect, but its a workaround for the time being.

0 Kudos
MathieuBoonen
Occasional Contributor

I have found in order for this to work for me I have had to include quotation marks around the  conditioned format data if it has spaces in the response, or introduce a hidden character as in an unscrore colored white if you dont want the quotes marks to appear in the response on the report as per: showing both methods

${if invest_priority==”A”}Priority_A${/}${if invest_priority==”B”}"Priority B"${/}

0 Kudos