Select to view content in your preferred language

Time Zone discrepancies on Printed Report

11-22-2023 08:53 AM
ModernElectric
Frequent Contributor

I've developed a series of Survey(1) with Survey123 Connect on my desktop and published them to our server. When going thru and testing the survey(s) and my workflow(s), the date and time is correct (used my desktop Survey123 App to fill-out the survey). I've built a workflow with Microsoft Power Automate to print a report (PDF) and send an Email when a new survey is submitted with the PDF report attachment. This works fine. HOWEVER, when I open the PDF report, the times are OFF, somewhat into the future. Need to figure out if and HOW I need to make a calculation in the Excel spreadsheet thru Survey123 Connect or something I need to do in Power Automate to make the time the same as it was entered by the Survey123 user.

Please help, appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ModernElectric
Frequent Contributor

@DougBrowning @ZacharySutherby 

Thank you for this information. I have gone thru every part of those links and programmed and reprogrammed. Im not sure, but now I am thinking its not the UTC offset that is the problem, but something else? I can see the correct time in the survey that I select. However, after the Power Automate process runs, and the report is printed to a PDF, the time is off by 1-hour. I select 2:30 AM for the time called, but on the printed report it shows 1:30 AM. I've done the UTC offset in the form template according to the reference guide, updates to .XLSX file, even update the Power Automate flow and every single time, the time off by an hour. Is there something related to day-light savings that I am not configuring? I am seriously lost here and hope its something very minor that I am overlooking. 

Update Note: I've isolated the issue to Power Automate. When I view the time in Survey123 (App & Windows), and doing a preview of the PDF report, the time is correct. However, when Power Automate creates the report when a report is submitted, the time is off on the PDF printed report. 

Appreciate it

0 Kudos