Time question putting in range when not wanted

04-21-2020 07:42 AM
JessicaJThompson
Occasional Contributor II

Hello!

I added a time question to my survey. It was first added when I was building it in the Survey123 Website and then I downloaded it to survey123 connect and proceeded to edit my survey from there. Now that people are filling out the survey they enter their time (I have tested this aswell). It only asks for one time. But in the submitted data it gives a range. I am not sure how this is happening. I have looked in connect for formatting and do not see anything that would indicate a range. I need help!

Here is a link to my survey if you want to see what the question looks like. FYI: the time question will only appear after you select Pick-Up and the # of Pick-up locations "you have". 

https://arcg.is/1ayPur 

Thank you so much in advance!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think it may be telling you the timezone.  Are you -4 GMT?

JessicaJThompson

Yes! My brain did not take me there. That must be what is happening. Is there a way for it not to display this? I want it to display the time as 1:00 PM not 13:00:00.000-04:00. 

Doug, you wouldn't also happen to be able to answer a question related to appending XY data to my survey123 data? Something isn't working. Will discuss more if so.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you means a CSV of XY?  If so in Pro turn it into a GDB using the tool then do an Append to the 123 hosted feature service.

Not sure how to change the time.  Not sure where you are looking at it.

0 Kudos
JessicaJThompson

My organization does not use pro regularly. We just got it and I haven't done much but dabble. I saw the Geonet discussions about doing this in Pro. Most of what I was reading I believe was posted a few years ago. Any chance this can be don't in ArcMap? Also, my survey has a repeat with multiple locations (you nudged me in that direction last week I believe. Super helpful).

The context:

My school district is delivering food to students in need via the school bus stops. There are 485 locations students can get meals during the week. They gave me this data as a spreadsheet with XY data (saved as CSV). I want to append this to my other data set from the other food assistance programs.

Looking for a solution that does not involve pro. Is there any? New to working with survey123/ publishing in AGOL aswell. Apologies if these questions seem elementary.

I appreciate all of the help!

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can do it in ArcMap it is just much harder to append to a hosted feature service.  So you could do the XY Event data in ArcMap then all you have to do in Pro is the Append.  Super simple.  ArcMap is way older than the web so it is just not good at it.  It can be done in Map just harder.  I think AGOL you can you an add data now in the item page.  Check that out.

0 Kudos