The feature service for this survey does not exist or is not accessible.

Jump to solution
01-12-2021 02:19 PM
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

permission.png

I can not find a help document for this error. This is from a survey on the web and it does not have an error if I open it while signed in to AGOL. But, when anyone else opens it they can not submit a survey. It is a public survey.

The form is shared publicly. When I submit a Complaints Form survey it is added to the Complaints Form feature layer. So, the feature service exists, but it's not shared publicly. How is it not accessible, as the error suggests?

box.png

26 Replies
VanessaSimps
Frequent Contributor

Guess I didn't look hard enough! looks like I have too big of a media folder: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000024203

janderson_ksninc
Frequent Contributor

I'm having a similar issue with a survey in my organization. When I open the survey, I get a message saying, "The survey has changes that have not been published yet. Users can see these changes only after you publish the survey in Design page." When I go to the design page and try to publish, I get an error message that reads, "Unable to publish the survey. -1: missing itemID/folderID/params args.

I am able to see that a feature layer exists for this survey but for some reason it is no longer connected to the survey form. 

Can someone shed some light on this and let me know what I can do to get this back up and running?

0 Kudos
VanessaSimps
Frequent Contributor

sounds like you created this survey on the web, not desktop Connect? 

if you published from s123 web, the error you're getting sounds like you might have moved or changed the name of the folder over on AGO/Portal Contents page, so s123 doesn't know where to go.

if you published from Connect- that error sounds like the folder on your Cdrive was moved/changed or the sources item was changed and you need to update the itemID from AGO/Portal. 

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

That looks like a different error than the one I created the post about. Can you provide a screenshot of the error including where you are seeing it?

0 Kudos
MichaelHalley
Occasional Contributor

Sure.

So on the public survey link, it looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 16.19.30.png

And on the "Share Survey" tab on "Collaborators" on Survey123 online it looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 16.20.26.png

 This error message comes up whenever I try and share the survey publicly.

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I was able to fix the error for my survey by updating the sharing setting also for the map image layer of the feature service. Obviously this is only applicable for referenced feature layers in Enterprise but maybe it helps someone.

0 Kudos