Survey123 word clouds - remove articles?

04-17-2018 10:46 AM
AllenRisley
Occasional Contributor II

I love that Survey123 automatically creates word clouds from multi-line and single line text responses.  What I don't like is that the word clouds include common words (articles, pronouns, etc.). that obscure the useful data.  Is there any way to customize these word clouds?

Allen Risley

GIS Analyst

Cal State University San Marcos

11 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Allen,

We're considering this as a potential enhancement to the Analyze page, both as a standard list and possibly user customization.

AllenRisley
Occasional Contributor II

Glad to hear!  I think it would be a welcomed addition.

0 Kudos
AmberWittner
New Contributor III

In addition it would be helpful if one could change from word cloud to list format for a specified question. Word cloud is cool, but I would like the ability to read entries individually when necessary.

AndyLyons
New Contributor

I agree. Word clouds are not that useful for seeing patterns expressed in full sentences. If we could just have a table with the original comments submitted, that would be much more useful. 

DanielleKulas
Occasional Contributor III

Agreed. It would be useful if you could control the default results view on the analyze tab... Would be much more useful to me to view responses, rather than words, by default.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Here you go. No chocolate, but you get whole responses now!

DanielleKulas

Thank you Ismael! Is there a way to specify 'show responses' as the default rather than 'show words'? It would be nice if that could be something the survey designer could customize for the Analyze tab.

0 Kudos
PaulDoherty2

Agreed. Here is a Survey I am analyzing right now...so many the, and, to. Perhaps it could be a simple UI/UX where if I click on the word it filters it out?

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor