Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 WebApp does not honor read-only setting for file questions

Jump to solution
04-04-2023 12:22 AM
Sven_Harpering
Esri Contributor

Hello everyone,

one of our customers created a survey through Survey123 Connect that has a file question built in. The customer has written the value "yes" in the read_only column. Everything looks fine in the preview. As soon as he opens the form in the web, the question can still be edited. Is this probably a bug?

My research hasn't turned up anything so far.

Best regards
Sven

Passionate about GIS and on the journey as an instructor for analytical insights.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @Sven_Harpering

Thanks for raising this with us

I can reproduce the behaviour you are seeing. It works as expected in the Field App but not the web app. That would make me think it is a BUG but perhaps it has something to do with file questions through the web designer don't have the option to be read only. I advise you raise this through your Tech Support Team.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @Sven_Harpering

Thanks for raising this with us

I can reproduce the behaviour you are seeing. It works as expected in the Field App but not the web app. That would make me think it is a BUG but perhaps it has something to do with file questions through the web designer don't have the option to be read only. I advise you raise this through your Tech Support Team.

Thanks

Sven_Harpering
Esri Contributor

Hi @Richard_Purkis,

I have forwarded it to our support team. As soon as I will have an answer, I will post it here.

Best

Sven

Passionate about GIS and on the journey as an instructor for analytical insights.
0 Kudos
Sven_Harpering
Esri Contributor

Hi @Richard_Purkis,

our TechSupport team logged a bug. Lets see what will happen ;).

Best

Sven