Survey123 web site export also saves item in Portal?

Jump to solution
02-15-2022 08:00 AM
Mark_Johnson
New Contributor III

I'm using the Survey123 website with our Enterprise Portal (10.8.1). On the data tab I chose Export > Excel and my browser automatically downloaded the xlsx, but later when looking in the portal I see a copy of the xlsx as an item. I have other users using the Survey123 web site who never have a need to look at their portal contents. I don't want these exports cluttering up the portal, is there a way to disable this behavior?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @Mark_Johnson  Unfortunately, at this moment it is not possible to disable this behavior.  The way it works is as follows:

• If the export is executed by a user with Create Item privileges, the export is saved in ArcGIS. For example, if the user is a Creator user type
  • If the end user does not have Create Item privileges, the website just generates an XLSFile. For example, it the user is a Field Worker or Viewer user type.

If you feel this is an important aspect that needs improvement, please submit a new ArcGIS Idea for Survey123.  It would be good to build some consensus about this and gather ideas as to what the software should do.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @Mark_Johnson  Unfortunately, at this moment it is not possible to disable this behavior.  The way it works is as follows:

• If the export is executed by a user with Create Item privileges, the export is saved in ArcGIS. For example, if the user is a Creator user type
  • If the end user does not have Create Item privileges, the website just generates an XLSFile. For example, it the user is a Field Worker or Viewer user type.

If you feel this is an important aspect that needs improvement, please submit a new ArcGIS Idea for Survey123.  It would be good to build some consensus about this and gather ideas as to what the software should do.

0 Kudos