Survey123: Web Browser "Failed to submit. Hide details - Object is Missing."

09-05-2019 12:01 PM
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

Please see screenshot. There is an error/fail. It is Survey123 Web Browser from AGOL. It is happen only when to submit with an attachment. Please assist on this matter as soon as possible. Thanks

"Failed to submit. Hide details

• - Object is Missing."

cc: Survey123 for ArcGIS

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alex,

It might be easier to debug this by opening a case with Esri Support.  We would need to know more about your setup and form design to understand what is at issue.

0 Kudos
AlexP_
by

Hello James,

I reported it to tech support on August 20. but the bug ticket is still hasn't open since. It is still closed.  Is there anyone out there able to look at? 

#02386812 Unable to submit images from a survey in the browser. Error: "Failed to submit. Object is Missing."

#BUG-000118801 An existing secured ArcGIS Server feature service added to ArcGIS Online with the credentials saved is unable to attach images when using the web browser to submit the survey (the data is submitted, but not the attachments).

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Alex,

BUG-000118801 was closed as that dealt with an issue in the ArcGIS Online proxy service.  

We have had a case (aside from yours) that was originally filed under that BUG be resubmitted as it is still unresolved with the symptom you are describing (the symptoms are grossly similar, so it is not too surprising that this was identified with the original BUG). The new bug is BUG-000125018, though it is still being processed and cannot be searched yet.  In my testing of this, it appears to be an issue with the ArcGIS Server (10.6.1 in that case); the process Survey123 uses to submit data fails:

1) Upload an attachment using the FeatureServer/Uploads REST endpoint (Upload—ArcGIS REST API: Services Directory | ArcGIS for Developers )

2) Applying the Edits with the FeatureServer/ApplyEdits REST endpoint, identifying the attachment by uploadId (Apply Edits (Feature Service)—ArcGIS REST API: Services Directory | ArcGIS for Developers )

I would suggest you re-open the ticket and ask to either be associated with that case or a re-diagnosis of your particular case.

0 Kudos
AlexP_
by

Hello James,

I have 10.5.1 version. I did escalate a bug (new). Is there any way to use existing secure ArcGIS Server feature to web for public use (residents/city employees) without required sign in?  no survey123 field app. Do you know how long is the timeframe? Please advise. Thank you for your time.

#BUG-000125018 An existing secure ArcGIS Server feature service added to ArcGIS Online with the credential saved is unable to attach images when using the Survey123 for ArcGIS web browser to submit the survey (the data is submitted, but the attachments are not). The error message, "Failed to submit; object is missing" is returned.

I got an email from tech support:

"This is to inform you that I have attached the following defect to this case, regarding the error while submitting images from Survey123 browser.

• BUG-000125018: An existing secure ArcGIS Server feature service added to ArcGIS Online with the credential saved is unable to attach images when using the Survey123 for ArcGIS web browser to submit the survey (the data is submitted, but the attachments are not). The error message, "Failed to submit; object is missing" is returned.

For updates on this issue, you may see My Esri: https://my.esri.com/ or contact ESRI Support Services. 
I would not have any updates as to when this issue would be fixed, as it's current status is 'New'. However, you may choose to escalate the defect, as per your organisation needs:......"

Alex

0 Kudos
AlexP_
by

James, 

Is it possible to use proxy code under survey123 web form script on my end? Need web form browser for the public. Please let me know your thoughts. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Alex, 

If you are asking whether you could host a proxy such as              resource-proxy  to provide access to your service, you can certainly try that, but I don't think it would work - the issue that I am seeing with the original case of that BUG dealt with an issue of the ArcGIS Server itself.

0 Kudos
AlexP_
by

James,

I do have that same issue with geoform with attachment from ArcGIS server. I added proxy script under geoform template and it works with attachment from ArcGIS Server. That is why I was asking if it might work with survey123 web as well. I don't have survey123 web form script.

Alex

0 Kudos
BradySmith
Occasional Contributor

The hobbit day release shows that bug BUG-000118801 was resolved. However, we are using that release still having the issue outlined in this thread for attachments. Is there another issue that is preventing this from occurring?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Brady, 

As described in this thread, there are apparently 2 separate problems that had more or less the same symptom (or at least close enough symptoms for them to be confused).  One that dealt with the utility proxy was addressed by BUG-000118801; the other appears to be an issue with ArcGIS Enterprise and is logged as BUG-000125018