Survey123 - Time isn't displaying in EST after submitting

05-24-2018 01:30 PM
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

We have a regular text field with a now() calculation to get the current time in our survey. When we submit survey and we look at the record in portal and ArcMap it's displaying something totally different. How can we display our current time in EST?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jordan,

Time data is stored as UTC time - it should be 4 or 5 hours off depending on daylight savings (for the Eastern time zone). As mentioned in Setting the time properties on data—Help | ArcGIS Desktop , the time zone can be set as part of the time settings. Convert Time Zone—Help | ArcGIS Desktop can be used to calculate to your local time zone.  In version 2.7, we introduced the pulldata("@property", 'utcoffset') function to be able to record the time offset when the data was collected to be able calculate a local time.

0 Kudos
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks! On the survey123 form the it lists the AM & PM but it doesn't seem to move that to the enterprise geodatabase. If there a code that we need with Now()?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jordan,

now() should be presenting the current time the survey is taken; that is then stored in UTC time when written to the feature service.  For example, if I take a survey at 9:00 am EDT (we're in daylight savings currently), it is 1:00pm (or 13:00) UTC; that is the value I would expect to see when viewing the results in a program that does not automatically assume UTC and adjust for the local time zone (like ArcMap).  Are you saying instead that you are seeing a value of 9:00 pm?

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

Did the OP find a way to change the display? I feel like this is closely related to my question and I am trying to get some answers. 

Change military time display in record table 

Thanks!

James Tedrick

Jordan Miller

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos