Survey123 Required Asterick Posting Below Question Label

Jump to solution
08-22-2023 02:27 PM
JepchumbaKoech
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, I'm designing a survey and the asterisk for the required questions keeps posting in a new row, below the text for each question. I'm using an XLS form and I have html formatting throughout the spreadsheet. Has anyone else run into this problem? This issue doesn't show up in Survey123 Connect, but when I go to publish the survey, the asterisk is in a new row. 

image of how it looks online:JepchumbaKoech_0-1692739444323.png

label:JepchumbaKoech_2-1692739526251.png

how it looks in Survey123 Connect: 

JepchumbaKoech_1-1692739473146.png

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I find this happens more when you have multiple DIV tags. Maybe it's because you are online that it is acting differently.

The fix I have used in the past is swap the DIV for SPAN tags. May work for you too.

View solution in original post

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

To amplify on @abureaux 's advice:

<div> tags are normally displayed as block content, which means that the content following is placed in a new line after the <div> by default.  Conversely, <span> is an inline content tag, which means that it won't place a new line afterward.  If you still wanted to use a div, having the display: inline style property will change the behavior to the same as <span>.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I find this happens more when you have multiple DIV tags. Maybe it's because you are online that it is acting differently.

The fix I have used in the past is swap the DIV for SPAN tags. May work for you too.

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

To amplify on @abureaux 's advice:

<div> tags are normally displayed as block content, which means that the content following is placed in a new line after the <div> by default.  Conversely, <span> is an inline content tag, which means that it won't place a new line afterward.  If you still wanted to use a div, having the display: inline style property will change the behavior to the same as <span>.