Survey123 - Report (Beta) - Issues with IE?

Jump to solution
05-07-2019 11:45 AM
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have a #Survey123 survey for which I have developed a report template.  When I select a record and run the 'Report Beta' tool then everything works perfectly when I'm using Chrome or Safari, but when I use IE11 (version 11.706.17134.0), then task appears to commence and an hourglass appears and status reads 'Creating...0%', however, nothing changes and it appears that the report generation task hasn't completed.....  however... if I log in on another PC or use a different browser (not IE), then the 'Recent Tasks' panel shows that the report (that was started in IE) has indeed completed.

Is there a problem with using IE11 with the 'Report (Beta' tool?

Grateful for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonKonicke1
New Contributor

Is there a particular reason why you need this to work in IE? I know there's existing issues with ESRI/GIS products and IE, but it's now considered a dead browser: https://www.techradar.com/news/microsoft-internet-explorer-dead-1995-to-2019-rip

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

I am not seeing this behavior with in IE11- does this happen with multiple forms or just one?

0 Kudos
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

I have another Survey with a defined report template. In this survey when I use IE11, I can see the survey on the 'My Surveys' page, but when I go to have a look at the detail pages for that specific survey it fails to open (spinning hourglass).

Recently had my PC upgraded by our IT Department to Windows 10, which comes with Edge installed, although IE still seems to be the default browser that's configured.  Edge opens the other survey and can create output from 'Report (Beta)' so solution would seem to be to ditch IE.

0 Kudos
TiffanyRufo
Occasional Contributor II

We also have been experiencing this problem with multiple surveys. Some of our users still work on Windows 7 computers with Explorer as their only option.

Is there no actual answer as to why this doesn't work other than 'Explorer is considered a dead browser'?

0 Kudos
BrandonKonicke1
New Contributor

Is there a particular reason why you need this to work in IE? I know there's existing issues with ESRI/GIS products and IE, but it's now considered a dead browser: https://www.techradar.com/news/microsoft-internet-explorer-dead-1995-to-2019-rip

0 Kudos
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

Hi Brandon, see reply to James above... Hadn't realised IE was on its way out. I'd also been using IE due to the fact that certain widgets in WAB apps failed to complete when using Chrome when working over WiFi, but were Ok when using IE.  Edge seems to tick both boxes, in that appears to be no issues with WAB widgets over WiFi; and Report (Beta) works Ok with Survey123 with Edge.

Thanks for help.

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

While Microsoft is working on a new version of Edge that will work with Windows 7 (based on chromium), I would not characterize IE 11 as dead quite yet. ArcGIS Online supports IE, as does Survey123.  It may be best to try to work this through Esri Support.

0 Kudos