Survey123 - Relevant Field based on value from more than one other field.

Jump to solution
08-02-2017 08:22 PM
deleted-user-9zlChDJzM-SF
New Contributor III

I am trying to create a Relevant statement that would enable a field if a condition is met in one field or if a different condition is met in a separate field. For example:

I want a 'Comment' field to become visible if ${IssueWithThing1} = 'yes' or ${IssueWithThing2} = 'yes'

Right now it gives me an error. Is there a way to make this expression work?

Tags (1)
13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Liam,

Yes, you can use similar logic for select multiple questions, you may just need to use the select() or contains() expressions to validate if the choices you want to use for the selection have been selected or are contained in the string that is generated when a user selects values in a select multiple. Have a look how the values are stored and then you can work out the way to check if the value you want is selected and then make further questions relevant or not.

Phil.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @LiamWhite,

Yes you can use relevant statements based on select multiple questions. You will need to configure your expression to calculate the relevance based on it containing the values or test you are trying to match. Remember the answer to the select multiple will be a comma delaminated string.

Regards,

Phil.

Cartografiae_Cadastro
New Contributor

Hi everybody!
I have a question about multiple selection in relevant. 

So, I'm trying to write a expression in my Survey123, where a field has 10 elements, but when to select a previous option, result only 5. Example:

In my setor_relacionado has 5 Options

However, in segmento_ggms has 10 options. But, I would like to select, only, 5 when ggms (name) e Gestão de Geotecnologias e Modelagem do Sistema (label) was selected.

What expression do I have to write?

I trying

if(selected(${setor_relacionado}, 'ggms'), (${segmento_ggms},'Cadastro', 'Geotecnologias', 'PIFS', 'Crescimento_Vegetativo_Modelagem', Gestor'), (${segmento_ggms} = 'Gestor'))

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Cartografia,

I don't believe what you are trying to do is supported, you can not filter a select multiple list via expression. The only way to filter a list is using choice filter and cascading selects. However, this is only supported in select one questions and not select multiple. Take a look at: Cascading and external selects—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation .

If you can share your xlsx form file, we can take a look to see if there is a better way to configure and achieve the workflow you are wanting.

Regards,

Phil.